Stainless steel grade F55 is popular for its excellent corrosion resistance in several areas. This material is specifically resistant to pitting and crevice corrosion in seawater and other chloride-containing environments, with the crucial pitting temperature above 50 degrees Celsius or 122 degrees Fahrenheit. It also has higher strength and durability. It is 10% lighter than grade 316 steel, making it perfect for sub-zero service and cheaper as compared to nickel alloys. Stainless steel grade F55 in Manchester…can be easily machined and welded.
Do You Know These Facts About Stainless Steel Grade F55?
1. What are the applications of stainless steel grade F55?
Grade F55 steel is majorly used in the applications mentioned below:
- Oil and gas industry
- Equipment in chemical, marine and defence industries
2. What are the main types of stainless steel?
- Austenitic Stainless Steel: This stainless steel alloy is popular for its high ductility, corrosion resistance, and good strength at both low and high temperatures. Austenitic stainless steel is mainly composed of iron, with significant amounts of nickel, chromium and sometimes other elements like manganese, molybdenum and nitrogen. 304 and 316 are the most popular grades of austenitic stainless steel.
- Duplex stainless steel: This stainless steel alloy contains microstructures of austenitic and ferritic steel in almost equal proportions. The most common grades of this steel are 2205, 2304, and 2507. It is majorly used for chemical processing, oil and gas exploration, as well as production, storage tanks and heat exchangers.
- Ferritic stainless steel: This stainless steel alloy is popular for its excellent formability apart from good ductility and high resistance against corrosion. 409, 410, 430, and 446 are the most popular grades of ferritic stainless steel. However, you can find several other grades as well. Ask the company about the available options.
- Martensitic stainless steel: This type of steel is popular for its excellent strength, wear resistance, and hardness. The popular grades of martensitic stainless steel include 410, 420, and 440, but there are several other grades available for different applications. This steel is mainly used for cutlery, valves, surgical instruments and bearings.
Lolu Alloys supplies a wide range of products like flanges, plates, reforging billets, round bars, and all grades of stainless steel, including grade F55 in Manchester and nearby areas. Contact us today or check our website for more information.